Lydia goes to camp.
One of the BIG events this month was girl's camp. Once again, I had the joy and blessing of working at a girl's camp for a week. Mimi came and stayed with the boys, while Lydia and I headed to camp.
What a fun week it was! The theme this year was To the Finish Line, and was connected to the Olympics. We had a great week of being reminded of Biblical truths related to joining the team, training, persevering and keeping our eye on the prize. Girls participated in our own camp Olympics. The weather was perfect, and the kids had a good time. I totally enjoyed ministering with dear friends.
And Lydia, what about Lydia's experience? Well, she too had a great week. She loved all the attention. Every morning a bunch of girls would come up and check on her and make her smile. The kitchen staff were especially sweet to her and kept her VERY entertained. But I think Lydia MOST enjoyed her time with her new friend, Heather. While I was away playing working, Lydia took walks with Heather. She also played in the water, enjoyed being on a blanket in the shade, and whatever else Heather suggested. It was a great week of camp for this FUTURE CAMPER!
No comments:
Post a Comment