Saturday, August 30, 2014

It's the little things....

Ethan started second grade this past Wednesday.

One of his first homework assignments was to bring in 5 small objects to tell the class about himself.  You guessed right if you said he would bring in a small football!  One of the things he wanted to tell the class was that he likes Saturdays.  When I asked him why he likes Saturdays he said, "Because I get to stay home and I don't have to rush somewhere."  He's a boy after his mama's homebody heart.

So I was reflecting on our home and why it's nice to be here.  The following pictures are some of the things that have happened here in the past week or so.  And although there are many moments of craziness, I gather from the pictures that it's the little things that make home a nice place to be.

 A morning art session.  Break out the paints and the smiles!

 Splashing in a puddle.
 She loves her big brother!
 Splash!
 Swimming in the pond....
 and pretending you're an Olympic swimmer.
 Summer sunshine by the pond.
 Fresh baked pies.
 Creativity at work.  When the boy decides he's all about pirates and their ships....
Mama digs for the duct tape.


So grateful for the little things.  There's no place like home.

No comments: