Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ethan goes to camp

One of the reasons we haven't blogged recently is Girl's Camp. Thanks to Mimi coming to visit, I was able to go to Girl's Camp each day. It was a blessing to be able to teach the Missions Study and "fill in the cracks". I rather enjoyed floating from one job to another and knowing that I was being helpful. I love how God gifts people so differently and then binds them together to accomplish something forHim. I pray that the expereince the girls had at camp will have a deep and lasting impat. What a privelege to be a part of the experience. The girls had a great time and it was hard to leave them each day, but I was also happy to go home to my little guy, my big guy, and Mimi. Todd was off most of the week, so he and his Mom were able to spend time together. They came to visit us at camp one day. Boy, does Ethan like those girls!

Ethan arrives to a crowd of "adoring" girls.


Ethan's annual Girl's Camp shot with Lena.


This winter the dining hall's roof collapsed under the weight off all the snow. The camp had to set up a "temporary" kitchen and dining hall. The kitchen staff did a fantastic job being flexible and using a diaster relief kitchen. The girls ate under a tent and everyone was glad the weather was beautiful for the majority of camp. Ethan got together Ann, Mimi and some of the staff for a picture in the kitchen.


This was Ethan last year at Girl's Camp. My how big our little boy is!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: