Monday, September 7, 2009

The Blessing of Friends

We've been busy this past week spending time with a friend of mine. I'm so glad Nicole was able to come and stay with us for the week. What a joy to reconnect and spend time together.

I met Nicole back in college during a wonderful Children's Literature class. We were both elementary education majors and shared many common classes over the years since that first one. Nicole and I also grew up in towns that were fairly close to each other. We have a lot of common background and that's been VERY obvious this week as we go about life! It's been so good to laugh, to talk, to think, the thank God for people that you can just pick up with where you left off.

Since she's arrived we've been enjoying the things that summer vacation means in Maine. We've been kayaking. Oh, so wonderful! We've explored Acadia National Park. A gorgeous day with fun in the waves and on the rocks. We've looked at some light houses on the coast. We've hiked some trails. We've eaten good.....a treat of lobster one night topped off with blueberry pie. AND we've visited Gifford's for ice cream.

We're sorry to see Nicole head home, but we know she's got a classroom of students waiting for her who would definately miss her if she stayed! We love you Nicole and will miss you.

I hope some other friends and family will wander our way for visits. It's so good to spend time together and we miss you!

No comments: