Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Boys, Cars, and Counting

Warning- A "teacher"y kind of post. Once again this one will make you feel compassion for my little boy. Woe is the lad who's mom "was" a teacher!

I seem to take a perverse pride in teaching Ethan when he doesn't know I'm doing it. I love cooking up little games for him that actually get him to practice skills like counting and letter recognition. So, I had to share a little idea that came to me last week. We've had LOTS of cardboard around the house since I've been busy busy busy working on VBS decorations. (Hence the reason I haven't posted much.) Since Ethan was always by my side helping me with my cardboard, I decided to make something for him. Seeing his cars near by I made him his very own parking lot. But the teacher in me couldn't let it must be a free for all, haphazard parking lot. This is a parking lot with TONS of possibilities. I quickly made a huge spinner and taught Ethan a game for his parking lot. He spun the spinner and then parked his car on the matching number. He was busy with the game for quite a while. Ah...boys and their cars!



No comments: