Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Monkey Business

Ethan's been up to some monkey business these days! I made him an activity book that I found on a pre-school/tot-school blog. It goes along with his storybook "Five Little Monkeys". You know the song..."Five little monkeys jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped his head...". Well, Ethan LOVES to have you read the story and he uses some cut out pictures to help you tell the story.

He puts the phone up to his ear and says, "Hello, Doctor," and then tells us, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed."



He also reads a little book about monkeys and colors. Yes, I said reads. I know it's really NOT reading, but it's a start. He says, "This monkey likes orange. This monkey likes pink." He's right. That's what the words on the page say!

Another activity has him counting monkeys. The book goes up to 10, which he can easily do. It's when you get above fourteen that we have problems!

He wants nothing to do with the letter activity though! Guess we'll have to save something for later. There's only so much this monkey can handle!

No comments: