Oh where, Oh where have we been?
I know it's been forever since our last post. It's just been a busy time. I'll give you a look at what's been happening during our busy time.
Over Memorial Day Pap came up for a great visit. We say great, but he may think we worked him too hard! We had a good time talking and visiting while doing some home repairs and projects. My kitchen sink has nice clean new caulking. Yeah! Didn't take a picture of that for you, but still yeah! Our downstairs toilet stops running water when you flush without you having to give an extra lift to the handle. Yeah again. And I can access my washer without having to squeeze behind a door that wasn't opening and shutting. Yeah again! We also put up a rain barrel in the back of the house. I still have to paint the barrel, so we'll see how long it takes me to keep up my end of the deal.
I'll show you another picture when it's done!
Besides working we did have some good food. We had a great Maine dinner of lobster, corn, biscuits, and coleslaw. YUM! And of course we had to go to Gifford's for ice cream. Ethan had been asking about that one for a week before Pap was here! Guess I'll have to head down to PA when there's work to be done to pay for Dad's labor here!
While talking about home stuff, Todd and I have been working at getting the upstairs bedroom "fixed" up as a birthday surprise for Ethan. We won't be moving him totally up to this room, but it's evident that our little boy is a boy and not a baby, so we're thinking it's time for the pink carpet and walls to go! Here's a peek at the room waiting for it's coats of paint. I'll share more with you later about this project. Let's just say it's keeping me busy. You can only paint when the boy's asleep, so I've been seeing some later hours myself!
It's also planting season. So, I was busy filling our pots with bright blossoms. I also dug up a flower bed along the side of the house and planted some perenniels. Planting flowers is something I've wanted to do for years, even before we owned our home, and now finally I've started the process here. Dad brought some extras from back home and I purchased a few at a great deal. I also still am to get some extras from a friend. I can't wait! It's been so much fun to see the familiar colors and plants that surrounded my home when I was growing up.
There's also the planting of the garden. It's always exciting to see the seeds sprout and new plants push up through the soil. I also love looking out and seeing the beds ready and growing and laboring to produce. I can't wait to taste and see God's goodness from my little plots of dirt.
And besides all the work around the house, there has been the final preparations for our Vacation Bible School. All along there's been work to have decorations ready, but a lot of that I had help for. There were a few projects I saved for myself, like painting the cut out below. I also had to get the materials ready for my high school girls who will be leading activities each day. It's work I enjoy, but it is time consuming. I'm eager to see who God uses this time.
So, that's where we've been. We'll try to stay a little more current in the days ahead. But this will be a BUSY summer. We can't wait to see our families and friends who will be coming to visit in the next few months!
No comments:
Post a Comment