Thursday, January 12, 2012

When Waiting is Hard

At times patient can be an adjective used to describe me. At times. In situations. These days though, I'm not sure.

Our "due" date has come and gone and still we wait. I really don't like the term due date. I mean I'm a fairly prompt and punctual person, so time is already something I live by. But due date...well, to a teacher that means it's TIME. Library books must be turned in the on DUE date. Book reports are shared on the DUE date. Projects are completed on the DUE date. But God apparently thinks we are far better than library books, book reports and projects. He's not caught up in time the same way. He sees a much bigger picture!

And so each day I'm having a dilemma- a little power struggle. Each morning I wake up and take the frown and thoughts and bring them to the throne room of God. I get up off my little throne sitting neatly on top of my ideas and expectations and bow down before His. He's in charge. I'm not. Could never really be anyway. The world would instantly fall apart if I were. But each day I struggle to stay off my throne. I struggle to leave my attitudes and reactions behind and to choose to take on attitudes and actions like His. (And if you have some time to pray for me in this area...please do. I could use it!)

And part of me marvels. Marvels that God has knit together a child and is using this waiting period to knit me further together to become like Him. I marvel that He cares so much and goes to such great lengths to teach me. I marvel that He doesn't get discouraged by my lack of progress, but instead says, "Here's a new day. Here's all you need for it. Are you ready to join me?" AND HE WAITS.....PATIENTLY.

No comments: