Winter Break
In these parts, President's Day marks the beginning of a week of winter break for kids. When I first moved to Maine I thought a week off in winter was foolish, but then I EXPERIENCED winter break and decided it was kind of nice. So, this past week, Ethan was home from school. We kept things kind of low key.
A visit with our friend Nicole helped make it a special week though. We all enjoyed our time with her! Ethan loved having someone to play with. Nice football game, Nicole! Lydia enjoyed having someone to hold her, until the end of the week, when she showed a stubbron preference for Mama. I enjoyed someone to talk with, plan with, and play Rumikub with. Still tied, aren't we?
Winter vacation started kind of green, but ended with snow. YEAH! Break out the sleds!
Even Lydia was out to check out the white stuff. Yes, that's really her in there!
Ususally we have a pile of snow accumlated by now. We'll have to make do with one from the snow plow! Now that we've had winter break, we can move to spring, right? Guess not...snow is in the forecast for this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment