On our trip we met some ducks. Ducks like rain. The water just rolls right off their backs. When it rains sometimes I wish I was a duck.

In fact, one morning during our trip, I wished we were a family of ducks. We woke up to gray skies, but that's often the case here in Maine. I got out our supplies and began to fry up some bacon and toast some English muffins. Crisp bacon. Crunchy muffins. At least that was the idea, until the raindrops started to fall. I scrambled up some eggs, ignoring the mist the drops that were coming more frequently. The rain continued, and since I'm not a duck, I stopped scrambling the eggs and scrambled to get our breakfast under cover.
We ended up eating in the car. It worked.
We cleaned up and decided to go for a drive. I'm happy to say the rain stopped and the sun came out. We were able to splash in the pond, kayak, and visit the ducks.
No comments:
Post a Comment