Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Happy Columbus Day!

Since we had a day off, we decided to go on a family outing. Where did we go? Well, Daddy got to see fall foliage.

Ethan got to see a train.
AND we all got a taste of winter.
We drove to New Hampshire and explored Mt. Washington by riding the cog railway to the top. It truly was AMAZING! It was VERY strange to be going up the side of the mountain at such an incline. We went from comfortable upper 50's at the base to a snow covered peak. We were told that the wind was pretty calm that day, but it was enough for us. Ethan didn't enjoy his cold hands and was very grateful to go into the warm observatory. It was a little chilly waiting for everyone to load back on the cars for the ride down, but Lydia fell asleep. I think she might be one tough cookie!
The peak.
All aboard.
One happy train lover!
At the base looking up.
The cog railway.
It looks terrible, but it was just the fog. There aren't too many clear days on this mountain.
The little engine that could. I think I can....I think I can.
What a view! It was a pretty COOL day!

No comments: