Adventures with Lydia
Our little girl is on the move and life is becoming a great series of adventures as her curiosity and greater mobility combine. It doesn't help when Mommy is trying to get things done and isn't paying close attention. Good thing that Mimi was here during the move, or our little girl may not have survived!
So here are two "snapshots" of Lydia's adventures.
Day ONE- Mommy is folding clothes. Lydia has wandered into the laundry area/bathroom. She's quiet. (Yes, good parents are saying you better start paying attention Mom!) When I check on her here's what I find. She's taken a cup from the laundry area and dunked it into the toilet and poured water onto the floor. She's also practicing her dunking skills, with some toilet paper. After I gasp, giggle, and wash hands, I discover the nightlight cover is missing in the laundry room. Hmm...where did she put it? Yup. In the toilet!
Day TWO- Mommy is working on making lunch. Lydia is in a cabinet pulling things out. It's not new. It's a fairly safe cupboard. It's the cereal, cracker, snack cupboard. Things are all sealed up. But when I look up I find she's gotten into Ethan's cookie stash and is gobbling down a chocolate cookie. Oh such a cute cookie thief!
I'm happy to say that on Day THREE she was not in the toilet or the cookies. It was a pretty calm day! Of course she was painting in the morning and had a blue dot on her sock and a blue mouth, but hey she was into her art!
No comments:
Post a Comment