Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First day of First Grade!

Where has the summer gone?  Phew!  I can't believe I had to pack a school lunch last night!    Someday maybe I'll get to post pictures of our summer.  But for now, let's pick up with the adventure of first day in first grade!

Ethan is starting in a new school this year.  It will be great not having to drive 2 hours each day, BUT we'll dearly miss the "family" God developed for us at KMS.  I'm eager to see how God works in our new school!  It will surely be filled with new adventures and opportunities to love with His love.

I'm quite proud of Ethan.  He's grown up so much over the last few years.  He seems to be taking this change in stride.  Yes, he's bashful and apprehensive at times, but that's normal.  He's also smiling, was able to sleep, and headed off to school today with out a tear.

How this mama's heart was blessed today.   This morning I started off the school day routine.  It's a warm August morning, so I was able to keep my summer ritual of having quiet time on the back porch.  How wonderful to read God's Word and talk with Him while the world is waking up and the pond is still.  (I also saw a porcupine!)   A major part of my prayer time today was for Ethan, his teachers, and his classmates.  How sweet for God to lay His words on my heart and know that He is ever watching over this child that He's gifted me with for a portion of time!

Before it was time to wake Ethan up, he was coming down the stairs to find me.  How I treasure his words, "Mommy,  I'm tired.  Can we pray?"  Apparently he was worried he'd be too tired today, and he was also feeling nervous about his first day.  So, we snuggled up on his bed and talked to God about things.  I pray that he will always face life this way!

It was soon time to get Lydia up and make breakfast.  We continued our tradition of a sausage and biscuit morning.  YUM!

So, he's off and into his first morning.  We'll let you know how it went later!  Thanks for praying for us and we'll be praying for the many families who are also in the midst of this special time of year!




No comments: