Some visits have a story
I think Nancy and Vanessa will always remember their trip to visit us! Thursday, July 19th, Vanessa was to drive from where she was visiting college friends in Maine to pick up Nancy in Manchester at the airport. Her faithful car, affectionately known as "The Yellow Submarine" experienced a breakdown in Portland. Thankfully, she was fine and managed to break down almost as good of a spot as you could! I drove down to pick her up and then pick up her Mom. Along the way, the rain started. It ended up being a very long day. I think the sun stood still, but you couldn't tell because of the constant rain that was pelting the car and making the drive very slow. It was VERY good to get home that night. Fridaythe rain continued, so we made plans to head to the Camden/Rockland area to return Vanessa to her friends and explore a bit. The rain stopped and skies cleared and we had a fun day. Ethan enjoyed a nice lunch and a walk out to a lighthouse. Of course, I think he really just enjoyed Vanessa and Nancy's attention! Saturday, Nancy and I went to the closing program at camp and then traveled on to Small's Falls where we had a picnic and enjoyed the beauty of the day. Our return home included a trip to Gifford's...gotta' get your Gifford's ice cream! That evening we picked up the rental van that would take them all home on Sunday. The time went by quickly and before we knew it, Nancy was heading out to pick up the girl's and return to Pennsylvania. It was a great visit, with plenty of stories to remember.

No comments:
Post a Comment