2/3 of a year old
Ethan turned 8 mos. old on Saturday. For those of you who comment that he always looks so happy, I've enclosed a photo to show you the other side of Ethan. Yes, he does fuss!
Here are the ins and outs of Ethan this month:
Ethan is quite a mommy's boy. He likes the attention of others, but loves to be in mommy's arms. (I know I should treasure it while it lasts!) He's starting to say something that sounds like Mama, but mainly that's due to whinining with a ma sound! He loves to say it when he's not happy with what I want him to do. (Smart boy, isn't he?) I think Dada sounds so much more cheerful, so I'm ready for him to say that one.
He's discovered his toungue and loves sticking it out at people, especially if they make faces back. He'll giggle when something doesn't look right about a person, likes peek-a-boo and other games, and has a ticklish spot or two.
He still hasn't coordinated all the crawling efforts, but he's able to get where he wants to go. He
especially likes to crawl to his book basket, dump it, and eat his books. Hmmm, a lover of books?
He's learned that some toys make noise if you squeeze them. I get a kick out of watching him squeeze real hard on some of them and grunt because he hasn't heard the sound.
He loves to eat his baby food! Things like applesauce, peaches and oatmeal were easy to like this month. He's also taken some sips of water from a sippy cup, but he prefers sucking on the bottom of the cup. (Just like he enjoys chewing on the bottom of plastic water bottles. What a kid!)
For those of you who have wondered about nighttimes, he still likes to wake up, but he's been better recently about going back to sleep. It seems like a little visit from mommy has been all he's required. However, as the morning light comes earlier, he's also wanting to get the stay started earlier. Oh boy!
Now you have the scoop for the month!

No comments:
Post a Comment