Ups and Downs
It's been a bit since we last checked in. Nothing big has been happening, just life! The week after the Super Bowl I was busy getting ready for a church banquet. (much to Ethan's displeasure!) We spent some long days running around and busy at the church. I enjoyed serving in this way, even if Ethan did not like to be out of my arms for several days.
Then Ethan picked up a cold. He was stuffy, had a fever one night, and just has been out of sorts. It's felt like the whole schedule of our day has been turned upside down! Naps? What are naps? I'm supposed to sleep through the day? When he did go down for a nap it always seemed like there was snow to shovel! I think it's time to adjust the schedule to our growing boy's needs.
Todd was home this past week, so we enjoyed time with Daddy. There was still plenty to do, but it seemed like the blogging just never reached high up on the list! Sorry! On Valentine's Day we enjoyed a meal at home. I cooked something special for Todd and we enjoyed cheesecake for dessert. YUM! Todd gave me roses, always adding another one to the bouquet each year. Ethan also enjoyed opening some Valentine's gifts from Mimi and Papa. We also had a guest from a mission's team working with our church stay with us this weekend. One of the events they helped the church with was the Winter Carnival held on Saturday. Ethan and I helped a little with clean up. As always, Sunday was busy with Sunday School, church, and then we started a financial class in the evening. Phew! It was nice to come home and kick up our feet.
This week is school vacation week, so things should be quieter for us. I'm looking forward to settling into a routine again!
Not the happiest boy in the world. I bumped my head on the crib when I didn't want to take a nap!
Happy Valentine's Day!
What a boy! I like sticking my tongue out at people.

No comments:
Post a Comment