Friday, March 14, 2008

Signs of Spring!

Have you had temperatures in the 50's or higher? It's a sign of spring.

We haven't had temperature that high.

Have you seen your first robin? It's a sign of spring.

We haven't seen our first robin.

Have you seen a crocus blooming? It's a sign of spring.

We still have MOUNTAINS of snow...no crocuses.

So, why am I thinking Spring?

YOU GUESSED IT....GIFFORD'S opened today! For those of you that aren't aquainted with Gifford's, it's the local icecream place that has the best icecream around. When it closes in the fall they have a special sale buy one, get one 1/2 price. We've learned to stock up. Todd and I are such good savers, that we still have some squirreled away in our freezer. When they open in the spring (it's a week earlier this year...they usually open the first weekend of spring) they give away free icecream cones. (TWO SCOOPS WORTH! YUM!) Todd and I love the fact that we stand in the freezing cold (although I think it was 35 degrees tonight) to get our cones. You see all sorts of people and everyone's in a happy mood. It's like we all come out of hibernation, savor our ice cream, and remember what it's like to be with fellow man. This year, Ethan joined us!


The cars are lined up to go into the parking lot. Look at all the people! I know, some of you are thinking we really are "Maine"iacs!


Ethan bundled up for his trip to Gifford's. Everyone's happy, so I guess I'll smile too!


I get my first taste of Gifford's!


Mmmmmm- GOOD! Can I have some more?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: