It's FINALLY Summertime!
I know we've been silent for a while. Things have just been a bit busy. We'll eventually fill you in on all the things that have kept us away.
It's a great day to do a catch up post today, because not only have I finally caught my breath enough to write a post, but it's also been the first day that REALLY felt like summer. SO, I dedicate this post to all the good things in summer!
To shorts and adorable one piece seersucker outfits for little boys. I actually got to break into the warm weather section of Ethan's closet. I didn't get a picture of him though.....I don't know why....could it be that today he went through THREE outfits?!
To pools and cool water. This is the reason I went through so many outfits today. The first outfit met its demise when
Ethan slipped in his pool after testing it out with his toes. We then changed into serious pool gear. The second outfit also met a similar fate when Ethan was told not to return to the pool after supper, but insisted on doing some heavy splashing. Ahhh...the magic of water and little boys!
To popsicles. Especially blue icies. Ethan must have thought it was an incredibly special day. Mom was actually home and paying him attention. Mom went for a 45 minute walk around the block...which meant we stopped to pick up rocks, adjust baby in the stroller a thousand times, and just dilly-dally to our heart's content. Mom set up the pool and played in it with him. AND Mom gave him an icy after he'd already had a cookie that day! WOW!
We hope you all enjoy a day to be a kid and enjoy the warmth, play a bit, and savor a treat! We're soon off to Missouri to visit Mimi and Papa, so if we don't get caught up before then, we'll catch you all later! HAPPY SUMMER DAYS!
No comments:
Post a Comment