The Little Engineer that Could
When Todd and I were growing up we both went trick or treating and dressed up. We never really thought too much about the dark side of October 31st. Even as we got older we just remembered the fun things we did as kids. It was all innocent to us. But moving here to Maine and having our own child gave us new things to think about. As Christians we've wrestled a bit with how to handle Halloween? It's something we're still wrestling with. We want to be separate from the world and be sure they understand our relationship with Jesus, and we don't want to be associate with things that displease God. For some the issue is pretty black and white, and I appreciate that. For now we are keeping things low key and drawing some boundaries on activities that are comfortable for us and our convictions.
So, this year, Ethan did dress up.
He enjoyed having Thomas the Tank Engine by his side. He'll enjoy this dress up costume for a while I think! And we did go visit our closest neighbors. Ethan thought the chocolate was pretty good. AMAZING how he knew the next day to ask for extra chocolate that was left over!
2 comments:
Hey this is Joseph, Elyssa, and Simone! We were looking at your site in math class!Happy 9th anniversary! Ethan is soooo cute! Love, Simone Joe and Elyssa
Hi Simone, Joe, and Elyssa!
It's great to hear from you guys! I hope you are all well. I was thinking of some of you the other week when I saw Elyssa's picture in the paper regarding the play. Hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas!
:) Mrs. Miller
Post a Comment