Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Nine years ago


Nine years ago Todd and I made a covenant with God and ourselves, and we became husband and wife. I've always enjoyed that our anniversary falls near Thanksgiving. It's just a natural connection for these two celebrations in my life. I have much to be thankful for and always near the top of the list is my husband. How good God has been to me to give me this dear man as my love, my partner, and my friend.

Let me be mushy for a bit and share just 5 things that I'm grateful for regarding my dear husband.

1. His integrity. He is a man who strives to live to God's standards and does the hard things in life.

2. His ability to put others before himself. As a physician he forever does this, but I also see this time and time again in our relationship. Todd can come home from work dead tired and yet he takes time to listen to my ramblings and to care.

3. His work ethic. He will always go the extra mile. Always! He is dependable and thorough!

4. His ability to shake up my world and balance me in the process. My old stuck in the rut, that's just the way we always do it ways are challenged greatly by him!

5. His wisdom and knowledge. He knows how to work with people and he knows TONS of things. He's the best Trivial Pursuit partner you could want! He's always absorbing new knowledge.

These are just a few of the things I am thankful for. I hope as the cleaning of the house, and the roasting of the bird preparations come tomorrow you will also take some time to meditate on what you are thankful for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many, many more.