Monday, February 8, 2010

Poor kid....

I know I will say this many time in Ethan's life. Poor kid....He has a Mom who is a teacher!

I say that now because his day is plagued with little things that Mommy thinks are fun. Like today our dining room table became four learning centers. A center for dot painting. A center for gluing tissue paper onto a heart shape. A center for making Valentine's Day cards. And a center with chocolate play dough. (Yes...you read that right...chocolate play dough. It smells yummy, but there's no sugar so not too tasty I suppose). Only a teacher would put learning centers in her dining room!


Here's what Ethan thought of the centers.

1. I like Dot painting. It was REALLY easy to make a heart shape by filling in the circles. I think I'll show Mom how smart I really am, by putting blue on top of the red paint and tell her I made purple! Oh...can I do my own thing, too? How about some John Deere colors!


2. Gluing tissue paper onto a heart shape? I don't think so? What is all this love stuff and heart stuff about. Oh Valentine's Day? That sounds like fun. But no, Mommy, I won't say Happy Valentine's Day. How about Merry Christmas!?

3. I like gluing. Except when I get the glue on my fingers. Haven't you heard of glue sticks, Mommy. Oh yeah, you're a little old fashioned. Well at least you aren't making me use paste!

4. Chocolate play dough. Fun. But I don't really want to use the cookie cutters. How about you make some things and then I'll cut them up into little tiny bits. That's more my style!

See what I mean? Poor kid!

No comments: