Monday, June 6, 2011

Imagination at work

I've been behind on blogging lately. Seems like everything needed to happen at one the end of May!

Ethan's imagination has been working hard. For a while, he was fighting fires. Here he is in action. (Don't you love those gloves? If I could take pictures over the course of the day, you'd often see them appear. I don't think he uses them to play baseball, but he uses them to slide and ride his bike. TOO funny!)


Driving the the scene of the fire.


Hero in action.

Then suddenly one day, gone was the fireman's costume. Instead, he wanted to hitch the wagon to his tricycle. He wanted ramps on his wagon. He wanted his lawnmower to go up the ramps and sit on his trailer. I think he'd been watching the guy next door working on someone's lawn, so hence, Ethan's Lawn Mowing Service was born. Just plug your ears for when the ramps don't cooperate, because it isn't pretty listening to frustration when the real world doesn't cooperate with your imagination.


Off to a job.

My favorite sign of imagination at work I don't actually have a picture of. Sorry. But the other day, I was away for a few hours and Ethan was home with Daddy. When I came home, he excitedly led/dragged me upstairs to show me what he had been doing. Ethan took scraps of cardboard and made pens for Puppy and Tully. Completely his own idea. Completely his own work. Well...except for maybe the dots that someone put on the gate so he could write the name Puppy. But the other illustrations were all his. I was proud of my little guy. It's pretty cool what the imagination can do!

2 comments:

Angela Taylor said...

LOVE IT!!! Esp. the way you put into words that frustration of the real world not cooperating with the imagination!!! LOVE IT!! That is what often happens at my house! It gets a bit noisy over here ;D haha

dayebydaye said...

Love reading about your Ethan- makes me think of MY Ethan. Their creativity is such a gift!