Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 12th

You can tell it's summer- my posts are few and far between. There's just so much to do, between Ethan, regular housework, outside work, and the other usual things that fill a day. I will post some pictures of Ethan soon. But there's something else that's been going on that has affected my time too. Forgive me if you're someone I usually call and personally share with, but as you'll soon understand why, it's been harder to get some of the things done I would normally do.

Don't be too anxious by my words, it's not that bad! How to share this....well... I'll let Ethan do it. Ethan is going to be a big brother!

Yes, praises! Today marks the beginning of our second trimester. We're fourteen weeks along and things seem good. Yes, good... complete with lots of tiredness and morning sickness to reassure me that things are still moving a long. Actually things seem to be getting better. Maybe not as fast as I'd wanted, but they are getting better. I really haven't felt like doing things in the evening. My mornings have been busy trying to get everything done, because once mid-afternoon struck, I wasn't in the best of shape. Poor Ethan. He got short changed on many a bed-time story with a cranky Mom. But despite this, all is well.

May I share how gracious God is? We found out we were pregnant on Mother's Day. What an encouragement on a day that could have been harder. The first day of the second trimester is the due date for the baby we lost in January. Our little one's expected arrival is January 10th. Although I wouldn't be surprised if God chooses to redeem some dates that weren't the happiest last year! Needless to say we are excited and moreso now that the risk of miscarriage diminishes. I'm sure Ethan has no idea how life may be changing for him, but for now he seems pretty excited. In fact, he spilled the beans to a few people! When asked if he wants a brother or sister, he responds. "A sister. Then a brother. Then a dog." He's convined the baby is a she. Either way we'll be glad. We'll just have to wait though to find out! Thanks for your continued prayers! And I will try to be more faithful....just not this next week because I'll be away at girl's camp. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Margo said...

just catching up on you and I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! Praise God for the little one He is creating in you! I am rejoicing with you!!!