Tuesday, September 13, 2011

He likes it?

If you ask Ethan if he likes school, he'll say no.

In the morning when he gets up he'll say he doesn't want to go to school.

But.....there's other things that tell us a different story.

Like the fact, that he puts on his shoes and gets in the car each day.

And that he walks into the classroom and doesn't cling to Mommy.

And that he talks about his friend.

And that he comes home from school and wants to play school.


Yes.....my boy likes to play school. Doesn't that warm a teacher-mommy's heart?


The other day he came home from school with a little book he made of crayon rubbings of letters. We made a little tray of work that was similar here at the house. After starting one, Ethan quickly explained that we needed a work mat like they have in school. A towel made a good mat, but I still had to learn the rules. No feet on the mat- just the work. Ethan was happy to explain it all.


So we don't play school EVERY day, but still, I'll take it when I can get it.

1 comment:

Angela Taylor said...

Oh I am over the moon excited for you!!! As you posted, yes--GIRLS & BOYS are SOOOO different!! I LOVE having one of each and am so happy for you to get this experience too!! It is just the best of both worlds! Ethan will be such a good old brother protector!! :) So happy for you!!