Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was a big day- Ethan's first day of Kindergarten! All day I've reflected on how good God has been to us over the course of the past year. What a difference a year makes! Last year Ethan went to preschool for the first time. I was filled with anxiety most of the morning, especially when he kept saying, "I don't want to go to school." Everything went well but it wasn't until the end of the year that it was clear that Ethan really enjoyed school. Today there was peace in my heart and excitement in our house. A little before 7 Ethan bounced out of his room, "Tah-Dah!" He was fully dressed. AND he'd made his bed and put away his PJ's just like we'd been practicing. We enjoyed a favorite breakfast of sausage and biscuits. Lydia enjoyed her Cheerios! Then he was off to play a bit before leaving for school. Funny though, because he ended up in the bathroom for MOST of that time. What a boy!

Then it was time to snap a few pictures and head off to school. We arrived and walked the familiar route to his classroom. This year though, Ethan took care of this things and happily walked off to the circle.
So, what does Mommy do when her eldest is away most of the day? We'll see. Today I was at Bible Study and caught up with friends most of the time. Hopefully there will be a balance of time with others, time with Lydia, and time to catch up on things best done without a little helper! Then it was time to get Big Brother. He came out with a grin and the house wasn't quiet until he went to bed! It was good to hear about his adventures eating lunch at school (he saved his dessert for the ride home...love it!), his work, and his time in the afternoon classroom. He read to his afternoon teacher. YEAH! I think he's almost sad that he's off tomorrow since only half of the class is there the first two days. Before I shut the door, he asked, "Is the day after tomorrow Thursday? Then I get to go to school?" God, thank you for being so faithful and taking care of everything! Thank you for providing teachers who are building a great foundation for this little guy! Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the school year, Lord.

No comments: