Friday, April 19, 2013

Will spring ever come?

I love living in Maine.  Really, I do!  I love the wonderful summers with trips to the ocean, time on the ponds, and plenty of just perfect weather to be outside.  I love the amazing autumns with trips to the orchard, bright colored leaves,  and crisp mornings turning to warm afternoons.  I love the beautiful winters, with anticipated first flakes, sun sparkling on a snow-covered world, and tramps through the woods.  But spring....spring in Maine just doesn't really exist.  At least not as a season.  When the calendar says it's spring for most of the country, it's actually just less winter here.  And then briefly, for one day, we'll have spring.  And then either return to less winter or sprint to summer.  I miss spring.  I yearn for spring.   One day it will come.   The world will be green.  The air will be warm.  The sun will shine.

April 12th.  Less winter.  The snow was all gone.  And then it came back.


April 12th.  Less ice.  It's almost gone!

 April 15th.  The ice is gone.  It's beautiful-  even if it isn't totally spring yet!


No comments: