Monday, March 3, 2014

A girl at play

I firmly believe girls and boys are made differently by God.  It's such a privilege to have a front row seat in seeing those differences displayed in our kids.  

This past week I've noticed Lydia playing in a way Ethan never did.  What truly amazes me is that I haven't played like this along with her.  She's totally initiating these activities.  Take a look at our girl at play:

Lydia invited Mr. Snowman to breakfast.  She carried him from the kitchen to her table.  Plunked him down on a chair and then went in search of two plates.  Breakfast for two this morning.  Hmm...what does a snowman eat for breakfast?

The other day Lydia was making several trips from her bedroom to the sunroom.  I noticed she had diapers in her hands.  When I came to see what she was doing, she was trying to put diapers on two of her stuffed animals.

This morning Lydia was playing in her room.  She tossed her teapot ad teacups into her crib and then wanted to climb in also.  I helped her in and watched as she got her stuffed penguin and served him a cup of tea.  Would you like sugar with that?

Now, this girl can zoom a pillow around like a race car and take a tackle from her big brother no problem.  She's also pretty good with a ball.  But this nurturing pretend side is something new to our house.  Can't wait to see all the fun we have!

No comments: