Monday, March 3, 2014

A quiet day after vacation week and the recovery week after vacation

Good morning.  It's the first quiet Monday in what seems like forever!  Winter vacation has come and gone.  I love having Ethan home; it's wonderful to have slower mornings and be able to just be together.  BUT it also increases the amount of arguing between Ethan and his "hair pulling-I have teeth and can bite "sister!  It was not exactly a quiet vacation, but we also didn't do anything terrible exciting.  We enjoyed time with each other and visiting with our friend, Nicole.  After vacation we had a week of catching up.  But today, Ethan is at school, Todd is at work and Lydia and I are having a quieter morning.  (Actually as I write this she's torturing a stuffed snowman that resides in the kitchen.  Good thing I have plans of rescuing him and putting him away for a good spring/summer sleep!

Here's a peek at what we've been about

I think Ethan's smiling because he's eating something yummy.  

Vacation began with Lydia getting into the cookie decorations and spilling "pearls" everywhere.  Let the fun times begin!
We had some outdoor adventures during break.  We did some sledding.  We shoveled off a portion of the ice rink and tried some hockey.  We did some snowshoeing as well.  Wish I would have brought the camera when we hiked a trail nearby.  Ethan was complaining about being too tired about 10 steps up the trail.  Lydia, in true two year old fashion, wandered off the trail within two steps because to her the idea is to explore every tree and rock, not get from the beginning to the end.  Needless to say I carried her up the trail and ended up with a sleeping little girl in my arms.  Talk about a work out! 

But we had some fun inside too.  One day we broke out the trusty ol' shaving cream.  Lydia thought this was great!

And Ethan joined in, too, because you're never too old to get your hand dirty!


No comments: