Maybe we're doing something right....
I just have to proudly share something that happened this past Saturday. It was one of those moments that just makes you fill with tears because maybe - thanks to God's grace and love- maybe we're doing something right as we try to raise up our kids.
Todd and I arranged to have a date night. We were sick for Valentine's Day so this was kind of a make up for it. Plus, we just need some times like this more regularly in our lives. So, our good friend agreed to watch the kids for us as we headed out for a free evening.
After having some time away and eating out a pretty good BBQ place, we headed home. When we arrived, two freshly bathed, smiling kids greeted us. Ethan insisted on getting ready for bed which included everyone getting their hair washed! He also had helped clean up the supper dishes and put away all the toys. That just isn't something he worries about in the evening on a regular basis!
All those things were great, especially since our friend shared a glowing report of their behavior. But my eyes teared up when I went into our bedroom. This is what I found:
The bed was turned down. Our PJ's were laid out. Chocolates were on the pillow.
And this note was waiting.
When I asked Ethan what made him think about doing all this, he said, "I didn't want you to have to work after your date night, Mommy."
WOW!
And yes, you're right, Ethan knows his way to his Mommy's heart! Thank you, Lord, for sweet moments like this that say something good is happening in their hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment