Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! With the change of the year, I've had a few minutes to think back over this year. What a year of changes! In fact, I was thinking specifically about how different the evenings are. Last year I'd come home from school in the dark, grade papers, make supper, work some more on school things or find something else to do until 9:00 when it was time to get a shower and wind down for bed. This year I'm home through the day and don't mind the dark evenings as much. Ethan wakes up from his nap, I make supper, eat and play a bit, then it's time for a bath, a snack before Ethan's bed time. I get my shower and then have some time to do something before it's bedtime for me. There is no homework to grade, no lessons to plan, and no worksheets to create! It's very different, but I love it! Just look at that boy's smile and it's easy to understand why.

As I look forward to this year, I know there will continue to be adjustments. Last year I was grateful for the reminder that I'm to keep my eys focused on God (who doesn't change), and I'm to continue to strive to become more like the image of His Son. That certainly has helped me as my roles in life shifted this past year. I have a feeling I'll be continuing to learn more about this in the months ahead. It's sure to be an exciting year as we watch Ethan grow and continue our Great Adventure of walking with the Lord.


Even though we've already had the new year, Ethan is still enjoying Christmas! The other day we received a package from the Grochowsky family. Ethan's had good practice at opening gifts and was eager to get his hands (mouth) on the paper. He especially enjoyed The Grouchy Ladybug from Dave, Barb, and Nicki, and Tad a Leapfrog toy from Aunt Kay. I think he's going to be disappointed soon when new toys don't keep popping up in his world!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: