Monday, February 23, 2009

It took us until about 10:30 to get the driveway all cleared. What a workout. Ethan wasn't as cooperative this time either. He kept following me and then I was afraid he'd be in the way of the snowblower. So, I'd have to pick him up and move him to a "safe" spot. Of course then I needed to move him again, because now I needed to get by him. So, he got picked up and plopped down again. I also had to make sure he didn't wander too close to the road in case the snowplow or a car was venturuing out. By the end though, he'd had enough and just sat on the ground and began to cry. He must have been saying, "Will you ever be done, Mommy? Don't you know we're missing Seasame Street?" (Poor kid....no Seasame Street, the satellite was out for about an hour which was mostly Sesame Streets time slot...BUT Mommy's so cool and found some Seasmae Street clips on the computer for me to watch. Thanks Mom!)



After lunch, Ethan went down for a nap and I headed out for stage two of the clean up. I had to shovel out the mailbox. Don't ask me where the snow will soon need to go. It's crazy!


I also shoveled of the deck and roof raked. Look at the pile of snow off the deck. It's almost up to the railing. Glad it's almost March and not just January. Hopefully it'll melt some before we get too much more snow.



All winter I've been watching the stakes near the trees in our front yard. I was wondering if they'd get buried this winter. Today we have a winner! The one closest to the driveway is covered. (Okay....to be honest, it gets a little extra snow when I snow blow...but hey, it's covered!)



AND one last thing. I still have to say...Isn't this just the most beautiful sight? How awesome to be able to stand at my garage door and see this. Thank you, Lord for snow....and please give me the strength to shovel it one more time!

1 comment:

Margo said...

Yippee for comments!! I can't believe all the snow...I miss it, just a little!!