When work is play and play is work
Being a toddler has to be tiring. It seems like Ethan is often playing that he is working at something and he sure is working hard when he is playing. Today was a great example.
This morning he helped me with one of his favorite things...cleaning the bathroom. He began by scrubbing the floors. Doesn't this picture make you think I'm a slave driver!
Then he got to play in the water while I cleaned in another bathroom. We finished up the chore with his favorite part....scrubbing the toilet!
Finally after all that work Mommy suggested that we go play in the new snow. (AKA...Mom needs to get shoveling!) Ethan was happy to grab his boots and snowsuit and head out. While he "played" I shoveled and even did a little bit of snow blowing with him watching from a safe distance.
We only had a few inches, so it didn't take as long as the job sometimes takes. It was so pretty on the trees and was the perfect "sticky" snow. So, finally we both played and made a snow man.
Gee....after all that work/play we better get lunch and take a nap!
P.S. I wrote the above portion of the blog during naptime. To my chagrin the snow picked up and we ended up with more snow! Better get shoveling!
No comments:
Post a Comment