Our Little Rocker
Many of you have witnessed Ethan's love for music. You've seen him dance or play his bells to the music. Others may have heard him request Mommy to sing a favorite so he could dance or strum his air guitar. Well, his love for music grows.
The other morning he was playing his air guitar when my teacher brain kicked in gear. I asked Ethan if Mommy should make him a guitar. He, of course, said yes. So I found a box, covered it with brown paper, cut holes in it, added a handle and some rubber band guitar strings, and lo, and behold Ethan's first guitar. Let's just say the two have been inseparable. (Except for a brief time when Ethan was melting down because something wasn't working right. I have no idea. A string must have been flat or something, and I just didn't have the right ear for it! I even asked him if he'd plugged it in and tried again, and he told me he had.)
He's been singing his own songs about everything. To a truly inspired song writer, nothing is sacred or too lowly to sing about. You can sing about scrambled eggs, Daddy driving to work, or going to the store. When he first started playing his hand positioning was quite unique, but he's got a better handle on it now. He's got quite a show going between the strumming, the singing, and the dancing or wiggling. The wiggling is a little too much....reminiscent of Elvis, I think.
So, if one day Ethan does play guitar or for some strange reason becomes famous for singing and songwriting, we can look to today and remember the humble beginnings!
No comments:
Post a Comment