Monday, February 28, 2011

Independent Me

Lately, Ethan's had a bit of an independent streak.

For example. The other day I needed to do some snowblowing after he'd gone to bed. As I tucked him in, he announced that he wasn't tired. I explained that I was going outside and that I wouldn't be here to tuck him back in again if he got out of bed. (He always needs Mommy to cover him after being out of bed. Don't ask me why.) So with all quiet, I headed out side. To my great surprise about 1/2 way through the job, Ethan emerges from the garage fully dressed and in his snow clothes. Yes. He changed out of pajamas into clothes and then got dressed in his snow pants, boots, scarf, coat and hat. He stayed out with me until he got too cold and went back in. I soon joined him and tucked him in for the rest of the night. I'm afraid to know what he may start to do while we are sleeping!

Here's another look at the independent streak.


I was soaking beans for supper and at some point I heard the chair being drug acorss the kitchen floor. When I came out there he was stirring happily away. Guess I'll need to keep an eye on things even more!

No comments: