Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Easter

We pray you all had a wonderful weekend celebrating our Lord's resurrection.

Our Sunday began with Mommy looking forward to Ethan waking up. I needed help in the kitchen making resurrection rolls. (If Ethan decided to sleep in for some reason, things could get a little hectic!) So, thankfully he was up and ready to go at a good time. We talked about Jesus dying on the cross for us and how after he died his friends covered him in spices and wrapped him up. I showed Ethan what this was like using a marshmallow, some melted butter and some cinnamon. We wrapped the marshmallow up in a crescent roll, trying to seal all the cracks. We also talked about how Jesus' body was in the tomb for three days. We put the rolls in the oven, like his body was in the tomb. And then we had to wait.

In just a bit, we took the rolls out of the oven and waited for them to cool. I was a little sad that I hadn't done such a good job sealing the rolls, because the marshmallow had oozed out some. However, we chose the best one one for Ethan and served it to him for breakfast. We talked about how on Easter morning there was an angel at the tomb telling us that Jesus as alive. Ethan cut into his roll and found it was empty. He smiled quite big and then got a serious look on his face. "I see an angel in there!" he said. He told us he was just joking, but several things this past weekend make me aware that he's hiding the facts in this heart. I just pray his love for the Lord grows and becomes real, too! (Lest you get an unreal picture, I'll share that today he got coins out of my wallet and told me these were paying for Jesus and he was pretending to hand Jesus over to the soldiers. Not quite the heart I want him to have.)

Of course, we also enjoyed Easter baskets. And yes, even some candy before breakfast!



Our family after morning worship.

Camera shy?

Chasing the girls...already.


After a yummy ham lunch we went outside to look for eggs. Thankfully the snow is gone from our yard, but spring is slow in coming. Ethan had a good time finding the eggs that were scattered everywhere. (I don't know though, that bunny hid a few near some rocks close to the road. Guess he knows how not to get run over!)



We enjoyed an afternoon with friends and more tasty treats. It was good to savor a cup of coffee and enjoy time to just relax and chat.

We ended the day watching the Easter Carol by Veggie Tales. It was a good reminder of all the hope we have because of what God has done for us this day. I pray that over the years Ethan will be blessed with many happy holiday memories, but that he will also treasure deeply the meaning and truths that they celebrate.

No comments: