Big Day is Coming!
We're in the final days before the BIG DAY- the first day of preschool for Ethan. This past week we've been having school with Mommy and talking quite a bit about school things. We've also been using a morning routine that I hope will make things easier for school mornings.
Thankfully, something things to have changed in the clothing department of Ethan's life. For a long time we struggled with picking clothes. "You pick", was a common phrase, which sounds great, but really means I'm not going to like what you pick and I want you to pick what I want to wear, and I'm not going to tell you what that is either. So much fun. But since that belt arrived, getting dressed has been to a different tune. He's even picked SHORTS!
Maybe by Thursday his attitude towards school will change, too! Right now he's not keen on the idea. I keep praying! Yesterday we made a countdown chart to look forward to going. We'll see what else I can come up with this week.
But just because he's heading to school doesn't mean we've stopped having summer fun. The other day Daddy was off, so after being requested many times in the past weeks to go play miniature golf, (or what sounds like mingy golf in Ethan-ese) we headed to Gifford's. Ethan did a good job playing and maybe is making progress towards letting the ball stop before hitting it again. He had great fun. Since it was close to supper we headed up for homemade pizza on the grill (YUM). After supper we took a walk back to Gifford's for our ice cream. (YUM YUM!)
While eating my ice cream I thanked Todd for the treat. I try to work in a little modeling of good manners now and then. Ethan piped up, "You should thank me, Mommy. I thought of it!" We had a good laugh!
So, thank you Ethan- for ice cream, and summer fun, and days looking forward to new adventures!
No comments:
Post a Comment