Monday, April 21, 2008

Learning curve


WOW! What a week it's been for Ethan learning new things. As many of you know, Ethan mostly army crawls to get from place to place. He's happy and it works. I guess he's like his Mom, why deal with change if you don't have to! Anyway, one morning this week I put Ethan down on the floor while I went to do something and suddenly he was crawling up on his hands and knees! It's like a switch turned on. Now he's got more than one way to get from here to there. This same week something also clicked for Ethan in the area of clapping. I've clapped and cheered over many of his accomplishments. I've clapped and patted his hands together to music. Although he could put his hands together and bang toys together, he never clapped on his own. Suddenly this week, he clapped! I guess we're a happy family, if the song "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands" is true. Ethan's always grinning and clapping. He also seems to finally have made the connection to wave his hands when people wave at him. He's always flapped around, especially when he's eating, but finally the other day he seemed to wave in response to someone else waving at him. Our boy is getting SO big!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: