Mittens and Hats and My Boy
You can tell we're in the winter doldrums...some things are just plain funny that maybe aren't if you've had enough sunshine and outdoor time. I'll share two things to perk up your winter blues. First...mittens. We lost a great pair of mittens during our Christmas adventures, and I've been morning the loss ever since. They were these cute thumbless ones that Ethan actually would wear! Since then I've tried several things. First, if it's REALLY cold we use the snow suit with attached mittens. Second, I tried knitting a pair, but they were too small, and Ethan didn't want anything to do with them. Third, I made a pair out of fleece with a string that would run through his coat and attach the two mittens. This last attempt at keeping Ethan's fingers warm seemed like it was going to work. UNTIL I tried wrestling the mittens on before church this past Sunday. As I'd get one mitten on, and move to the other side, he would tug of the other one. There were tears and screams (all Ethan's, I'm happy to say!) Finally, I let him go. He wouldn't hurt himself in the time we'd be out, but it would be cold. Maybe next time he'd wear the mittens. He howled the whole way to our church, during the walk into the building, and for the first 15 minutes of being there. Guess he was cold..hmm. Did you see the picture? I know one mitten is off, BUT this after we got home from grocery shopping on Monday. He put his mittens on like a good little boy this morning! (Okay, I also had a new tactic for mitten wrestling...put on one mitten and then poke the mittened hand through the coat. THEN tackle the other arm.) We made it to the store and I even was able to put the mittens on again on the return trip from the store. Our little boy is smart! Second...hats.
Now, unlike mittens, little boy likes hats. During our visit to PA, Ethan inherited a hat from Taylor that he LOVES to clamp on his head and run around in. We have a few hats in the play room that he also likes to put on. The other night he looked quite dashing in his "snazzy" hat and we were in a goofy mood. I made up a silly song, and every time I sang it Ethan began to dance around. What a kid! I thought it was too cute, so I share it with you all, but beg forgiveness for my corny singing. (I promise you won't ever see me trying out for American Idol!) Hope we chased away your winter blues and that you're sure to wear your mittens and hats!
No comments:
Post a Comment