Change
For those of you who know me well, you know that I just LOVE change!!!!! Well, today I was amazed to find that Ethan probably has my same attitude toward change...and maybe that's something I need to work on with him so that he doesn't have some of the same hang ups that I do about the topic.
So, how did I learn that Little Boy doesn't like change? I've had my suspicions for a while, since normally, things go back in the SAME place most of the time. However, today I realized just how deep this dislike of change runs. My secret sister at church (a wonderfully talented person by the way) gave me a beautiful quilted pillow recently. I decided it would be perfect in our little window seat "nook" area upstairs. I wanted to change the blanket that was already on the bench for one that would be a better match. Well, Ethan had a screaming fit over that one. He just didn't like the idea at all. He carried the new blanket off to the top of the stairs in a huff. That's when I knew...gee...Ethan just doesn't like change.
The thing that worries me even more than Ethan getting my hang ups is that you know God might be talking to you about something when it pops up in more than one place. Guess what the Sunday School lesson is about this Sunday? Yep, change!
Doesn't that look like such an inviting spot? It's my little nook to meet with God each morning. Thanks, Secret Sister, for making it an even more special place.
No comments:
Post a Comment