Walking in our shoes
More and more and I'm being reminded that Ethan sees the footprints of his Mom and Dad going before him. Those footprints can be a positive example or a negative one. It's my prayer that a FAR greater share of the path will be positive than negative by God's grace. I had a visual of this very idea when Ethan was wearing his Dad's shoes around the house yesterday.
BUT I also saw in the same day a way that Ethan is NOT AT ALL like his Mommy or Daddy. When packing up a bowl of "chili" for his supper, Ethan decided to have a taste test. Yep, he grabbed a spoon and shoveled a big mouthful of COLD chili in. (Guess that would be chilly chili? GROAN!!) Anyway, must have been good, because he went back for more. Guess sometimes we can influence our children and sometimes well...they are just their own unique persons!
No comments:
Post a Comment