Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Spring!

Friday was the first day of Spring. Here in Maine that doesn't mean quite the same thing as it does to everyone else. Yes, the snow is going down. In fact, in some yards, you see more brown grass than snow. That isn't the case with our yard. But click here to be reminded of what the yard DID look like.


In Maine the first day of Spring does have special signficance though. AND since it also happened to be a Friday, it was an even more special day. YES, GIFFORD's opened today!!!! For those of you who don't understand the importance of this- Gifford's is a local ice cream maker that makes the BEST ice cream. They celebrate the beginning of the season by giving away free ice cream cones. What a treat!

Alas, Daddy had to work tonight, and since I didn't think Ethan really knew the significance of the day, we didn't travel to Giffords. That doesn't mean we didn't celebrate though.

Thanks to Mom and Dad Miller we had stocked up on a winter supply of Giffords. It's nearing the end, but we made it through the winter. So, tonight after Ethan's bath and brought up the tub of ice cream. Ethan knew exactly what it was!

I dished him up an authentic bowl, thanks to friends who were thinking of us not being out tonight, and let him enjoy it. HOWEVER, I did make him put on his winter coat, since that's part of the joy of being at Gifford's for the opening; Lines of people waiting in winter apparel to partake of the promise that summer will come again.

>



I think he liked it!


After he went to bed, I had my own bowl. One thing that's nice about eating Gifford's at home is having my cup of coffee to go along with it!

Take a side-trip to see Ethan enjoying Gifford's last year.

No comments: