Vacationland
Dad and Kera stayed with us over Memorial Day Weekend. It was supposed to be a vacation, but in our family we usually have what we call working vacations. I seem to recall engravings in our cement sidewalks and steps saying, Vacation 1979, so I guess I'm just keeping tradition alive. During their vacation they helped fill in our garden beds, cut down some trees, fixed some lights, and did other odds and ends.
We did take some time to go kayaking and canoeing. HOWEVER, the wind was blowing strong and it wasn't as restful as it could have been. In fact, I felt at times like I was paddling and getting nowhere. We finally did make it to a little cove were we could warm up in the sunshine and rest a bit.
Before we knew it, vacation was over, and they were packing up to go home. It was good to have them join us here in Maine and we already miss them. Nanny and Pap, won't you come again soon? Please???
No comments:
Post a Comment