Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ethan


Our baby really is becoming a little boy. He's TWO years old and happy to tell you so when you ask him how old he is. What an amazing two years! Thank you, Lord, for this dear boy.

We celebrated with a little get together on Tuesday evening. After what seemed likes 40 days of rain and clouds and "Noah and the Ark" weather, we finally had SUNSHINE. So after dinner we moved to the deck for presents, cake, and icecream.





Ethan certainly knows what to do when handed a present. He had a good time unwrapping all sorts of things, from cute clothes, to trucks, blocks, books, and videos.

It was pretty evident though that his favorite gift was a lawn mower that blows bubbles when you push it. He also seemed to think the sandbox was pretty neat too. I have a feeling we'll be spending lots of time "cutting" grass, and playing in the sand.



It was a fun to celebrate Ethan's life and see him have such a good time. I'm looking forward to some quiet time to reflect on things. May God continue to guide and direct Todd and I to raise up this little boy to be the person God desires him to be.

1 comment:

Angela Taylor said...

It just floors me how fast it all happens! One minute they are brand new babes and the next they are blowing out two candles :( Sniff Sniff. Katy will be blowing out 3 next month! Can you believe how it flys? I hope that the littl eguy had a good one (looks as though he did!), and that you got to take your quite moment to look back at some baby pictures and possibly even some videos of his first days. Those always get me sobbing! (Well...just about anything does, but those especially!) I am so thankful that God blessed us all with Mr. Ethan! :)