Happy Father's Day
Today as we celebrate fathers I'm so grateful for the Dads in my life. My husband and I were both blessed with incredible dads. They are dads who love the Lord, love their families, and have been incredible models for us. Our pastor today shared something that I'd heard before, but still struck the emotional chords of my heart.
It went something like this:
When you're 4 years old, you think your dad can do anything.
When you're 8, you think your dad can do most things.
When you're 12, you think dad doesn't know it all.
When you're 18, you think your dad doesn't know much.
When you're 22, you think your dad is old fashioned and your way is best.
When you're 30, you think your dad really knows some things.
When you're 35, you ask your dad for his opinion, because he knows a lot.
When you're 40, you think your dad knows almost everything.
When you're 50, you talk it over with dad because you think he really has wisdom.
When you're 60, you wish you talk things over with your dad because he knew everything.
I'm glad both our Dads are here to tell them how much we love them....and we think they do know everything!
And to Todd:
Happy Father's Day, dear. You are a great Dad. Thank you for always taking time for Ethan...even when you haven't had sleep and worked a LONG day. Thank you for being patient, fun, and tender. Thank you for being a man who follows God and lives for Him. I know if Ethan follows you He will be led to our Heavenly Father. I love you, my dearest!
No comments:
Post a Comment