Friday, January 7, 2011

Bits and Pieces

Our subtitle on this blog is "Bits and pieces of the lifeGod has blessed us with."

Today I'd like to share some of the bits and pieces of our heart. Even though what I share is some broken pieces, we know God does hold those pieces, and only He can refashion them into something that outshines what once was. (yes...I am sharing sad news.)

As many of you know we just announced we were expecting our second child. We had neared the end of the first trimester and felt the news could be shared joyfully in Christmas cards and at gatherings.

Our new year, however has quickly had a bend in the road that we didn't anticipate. We are sad to share that we have had a miscarriage. It's been an emotional and challenging week to say the least. But even in the midst of the hardness we've seen God's provisions and blessings. I must confess I have no idea how God can use this for good, but I know He's promised it, and so I will trust that. We would ask that you would pray for us in the days ahead, pray that we would know how to pray and what to ask God for and pray that the faith that we cling to now would remain strong as time passes and questions and doubts may become louder.

Thank you for your love, care, and prayers.

If you'd like to read more as I try to process this experience, please feel free to join me at our sister blog, (Desiring to be) A Woman after God's Own Heart.

No comments: