Creative or desperate?
Last week I just needed a little break. There was a lot on my mind and I wasn't feeling all that good. New snow was falling and I would have loved to have gone for a walk, but Little Man wasn't thrilled about the idea. I didn't want to turn to the TV to amuse Ethan, so I racked my brain to think of how I could buy myself some time and keep him occupied.
So....I gathered a tote, some scoops, a squirt bottle and colored water, and some SNOW. Yes, I brought snow inside the house. Yes, we live in Maine and are surrounded by it outside, but I thought the whole idea of snow in the house might thrill Ethan. He's kind of "wimpy" when it comes to playing outside, so maybe being in the warm house would keep him happy.
Creative or desperate?
Probably desperate. He was occupied for about 10 minutes. Oh well! His favorite part was making the snow different colors. If I hadn't been out of red food coloring maybe this could have been a more educational artistic lesson, but alas, it was what it was. We did talk about snow melting and freezing, so maybe there was at least some vocabulary devleopment going on!
No comments:
Post a Comment