Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tricky Mommy

I've been a little disheartened recently as Ethan has been turning down "Game time with Mommy" aka "Let's learn something". He's just not interested in putting the correct number of marshmallows in a cup or putting a clothespin under a matching letter or playing concentration (unless it's on the i-phone ARGH). So, what's a mommy to do?

Get even trickier!

So the other day I took some number circles we had for a clothespin game and laminated them and then stuck them up in the kitchen. I also gathered his new Nerf dart gun and some ammunition and carried them downstairs. He was just a little curious. "What are you doing, Mommy?"

"I'm going to hunt some numbers. What to shoot?" I asked.

I demonstrated finding a number and shooting it down. There was a glimmer in his eye. "I want to do it!"


Find the number 16.


Ready, aim, fire. Well...I guess when you're that close maybe you don't have to aim!


Got it! WHOPEE!


Wanted: Boy in #35 tiger football shirt. If you are a number, BEWARE! He's armed and dangerous!

Better watch out for that tricky Mommy, too!

Disclaimer: No numbers were actually wounded or killed in the writing of this post!

No comments: