Friday, January 28, 2011

Pondering and purposing and PIZZA

As I've been working on this blog and getting back into things with (Desiring to be) A Woman after God's Own Heart, I've been poindering about the purposes of my blogging. For this blog the purpose has always been to keep friends and family in touch with Ethan and the goings on of our life. But I've learned that something else happens when you do that, you create a record of life- a record that you can look back on and one that I hope someday will be enjoyed by Ethan. I hope Ethan will look back and say, "Cool. We did some really fun things as a family. They were often simple, and boy was Mom silly with her ideas, but my growing up years were blessed times."

So how can I better document life for Ethan? What can I do that would be fun for him to remember, but also be useful for those who are reading this? That's when I started thinking about recipes and food. Don't we as families bond so much over food? Don't we have a family identity that includes favorite recipes that our mom's made for us?

I hope to share a weekly recipe with you all. Maybe I'll even be cooridnate enough to post something we have actualy made this past week and there will pictures! So today I give you homemade pizza crust like my Mom made it. This is on our meal plan for the weekend, so we'll see if we can add in some pictures soon.

Mom's Pizza Crust

1 pkg yeast
1 c. warm water
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
2 1/2 c flour

Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Stir in remaining ingredients. Beat vigourously about 20 strokes. Allow dough to rise in a warm place until doubled in size. Roll out on a slighly greased baking sheet. Spread wiht sauce and other toppings. Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

(Thought maybe Ethan would help make the pizza, but that didn't happen today. Oh well.)

No comments: