Required: Theology Degree for Bedtime Prayers
I love bedtime for many reasons....bedtimes stories, bedtime snuggles, a quiet house after bedtime being amonth them. But one of the things I most enjoy are the bedtime converations you can sometime have. Tonight's almost required a degree in theology.
While praying:
E: Mommy, pray for my arms, too.
M: God, please help Ethan's arms not too ache too much. (Growing pains or something to that degree. A before going to bed conversation we had). Finish prayer. Amen.
E: Mommy, does God hear our prayer?
M: Yes, the Bible tells us that God hears our prayers.
E: Really? Does he really hear us?
M: Yes. When you talk to your Daddy does he hear you?
E: Yes.
M: Well, God's the best Daddy of all. He wants to listen to you and hears you.
E: Can God hear us from heaven?
M: Yes. God's so big and powerful God can hear you from heaven. He's everywhere all at one time. And he can hear everyone's prayers, too.
E: Did God die to go to heaven?
M: No. Heaven is God's home. He's always been there. Jesus died on the cross so that we could go to heaven to be with Him when we die.
E; I don't want to die.
Phew......see what I mean! Challenging, but oh so dear. Keep praying for this Mama to guide this boy in the ways that God would have Him go!
No comments:
Post a Comment