Happy Thanksgiving
Before the day begins, I just wanted to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving! (I may add some pictures to this post later, but the words could happen now!) God is the giver of such good gifts and we have so much to be thankful for. I hope you take time to count the blessings He's given to you and to worship Him.
Our family has again practiced counting just some of our blessings with a Thanksgiving tree. It's been a joy to have Ethan name blessings and to even bring them up again when we have our bedtime prayer. Our tree really looks sparse though compared to the multitude of blessings I know we experience.
Among my many blessings: (Not in a particular order)
God's character and His Word which reveals Him to us
God's salvation so freely given
God's provision and protection in countless ways
God's steadfastness and forgiveness
God's grace and mercy
My family-
my husband who works hard, loves greatly, and gives his all
my son who is learning so much and teaching me so much at the same time
the Rodgers and Miller families who we greatly miss
Friends
Dear ones who know they are treasured and loved--- friends I can see regularly, friends I see only at times, but connect with so deeply, friends I haven't seen in so long and yet am so grateful for who they have been to me and who they are today
Our church family who I am grateful to co-labor with and minister to and grow with
Todd's job that supplies and allows him to serve
The many physical things we can enjoy- our home with it's brightness and warmth, vehicles that run, food in the pantry, freezer, refrigerator and table, clothes to chose from.
God's constantly growing us and shaping us to be like Him and to work His kingdom in and through us!
The list goes on, doesn't it?
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment